Navigation

H O M E      A B O U T      B E A U T Y      F A S H I O N      L I F E S T Y L E      S K I N C A R E     

Thursday, March 13, 2014

THE REVIEW: NIVEA IN-SHOWER BODY MOISTURISER

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser 


I'll let you in on a little secret, I am the laziest person in the world. You give me any gimmicky product that promises to reduce the time I need to make myself look presentable and I will buy without hesitation. My laziness peaks when body moisturiser is involved. I just cannot be bothered to stand naked in my freezing bedroom lathering myself in a body butter than won't sink in for another two hours. 

Thankfully, Nivea have answered the lazy gal's prayers and come up with this in-shower moisturiser. I'm sure you'll have all heard of it, but it's basically a moisturiser you apply in the shower, rinse off and you're left with beautifully soft skin with none of the hassle. Genius idea, in theory.  In practice, I think it's a little off. 

The first time I applied I used as much as I would with moisturiser, huge mistake. I came out of the shower feeling really sticky and oily in some places but dry in others. I assumed it was my overuse of the product (my dry skin tends to mean I am a little heavy-handed with the moisturiser) but when i reused applying much less product (and a little does go a long way on wet skin) the same thing happened. 

I'm not sure if it's my skin, the product (as I picked up the Dry Skin version, not normal) or the way I'm using it; but I'm pretty unimpressed with this. It's disappointing because I've read some good reviews, but I guess for us dry skinned girls, no shortcuts are allowed. 

Have you tried this product? What are your time-saving beauty tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment