Navigation

H O M E      A B O U T      B E A U T Y      F A S H I O N      L I F E S T Y L E      S K I N C A R E     

Sunday, March 09, 2014

THE REVIEW: BALANCE ME PURE SKIN FACE WASH


Balance Me - Pure Skin Face Wash
I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a floozy when it comes to skincare. Apart from a few products I use religiously (such as Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, see my full post here) I'm always on the lookout for new products to switch up my routine. I remember seeing a few blog posts praising Balance Me products a while back, so when I found this decent sized sample in my room last week (no idea how it got there, does that happen to anyone else?) I thought I'd give it a whirl.


It's a strange gel like formula and smells much stronger than I thought it would considering it claims to be 98.8% natural origin, but as a product, I like this much more than I thought I would. I never thought generic face washes (not cleansing balms or creams) do much more than, wash your face really, but this I've definitely noticed a difference with this. 

I used this in place of my evening cleanser for a while, but nothing could replace that (don't worry, post to come soon), so I've been using it in the morning and loving it. I've never really had a proper morning skincare routine (don't scold me, I'd just rather be asleep) but my skin has been much more clear and balanced since using this. I've found my skin to be less dry and an easier canvas to apply makeup on. Seriously impressed. 

My only gripe? The price. This 50ml sample size can be bought for £11 (!!!) and the full size for £17. I'm not sure if it's only me, but judging from the packaging I just wasn't expecting a high-end price tag. I think the product is great and I enjoy using it, but you can definitely get more for your hard-earned dollar elsewhere (I'm thinking LUSH for my next skincare venture). 

Have you tried any balance me products? What are your favourite morning routine products?

7 comments:

  1. I used to use gel cleansers all the time but then I found that they were to drying on my skin and make my acne much worse! Now I stick to oils and my acne is nearly gone!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same really, I just worry that using gel cleansers in the morning will make my skin super greasy and difficult to apply makeup on... If you have any morning cleanser recommendations let me know :) xx

      Delete
  2. Eee! That's quite pricey for a simple face wash! I believe it is like 11.50 in the states, more or less. Thanks for the review! :)

    CATHY // helllo, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it doesn't even look particularly high end... Save your money, I think. :) xx

      Delete
  3. ugh I would love to try that but the price is so high that sticking to clinique cleanser makes more sense

    www.theworkette.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend it really. You could either get better results for the price (by using something like Clinique) or similar results for a lower price (by using something like Simple). It's a shame because I like the product, but definitely not worth it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Pure Skin Face Cleanser

    ReplyDelete