Navigation

H O M E      A B O U T      B E A U T Y      F A S H I O N      L I F E S T Y L E      S K I N C A R E     

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The New Thing





Dr Martens Pascal Boot - £95.00
(Student discount not available online)

So last Thursday, something very bad for my bank balance magical happened. Now, I have been lusting after a pair of Docs for years and after I was given some Christmas money and upon realising the Doc Marten store do a student discount, i finally took the plunge and, i think i might very well be in love. Just look at them. I know they're not everyone's style (they were met with mixed reviews from my housemates), but I adore them, and I go through a pair of biker boots a year (I appear to be very heavy footed, and I live in Wales so the rain can't be much help) so I know that they'll be a good investment in the long run.
 

I chose the 'Pascal' design, which you may be able to notice is a softer, more 'buttery' leather than usual Docs, and as they are designed exclusively for women, are a slimmer fit and less 'bulky'. There are still very hard and sturdy with the signature yellow stitching and air-cushioned sole. I'm in the process of 'breaking them in' right now (anyone who owns a pair will know that you need to 'work' for them) apparently it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months (!!!!) until they 'mould' to the shape of my feet, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long until they're the most comfortable shoes I own and I can wear them everyday. 


Do you own a pair of Docs? Any recommendations on how to break them in?

1 comment:

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Water Damage Restoration Washington Township

    ReplyDelete