Navigation

H O M E      A B O U T      B E A U T Y      F A S H I O N      L I F E S T Y L E      S K I N C A R E     

Monday, February 17, 2014

Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara Review.


Benefit They're Real Mascara - £19.50

The fact of the matter is, high street mascaras are getting expensive. So expensive, in fact, that there is little price difference between this beautifully packaged, high-end mascara, and my usual bog-standard Max Factor offering (brief review of which can be found, here). I haven't quite shelled out on the full sized tube yet (i am on a shopping ban after spending around £80 on a pair of shoes, see here) so i am playing around with the sample size I received in the Benefit Groovy Kind-A-Love gift set i received for Christmas (review coming soon). Though you can buy this size for £.9.50 from boots, if you'd like to try before you dent your student loan.

This mascara has been hyped up to the max, and for once I understand why. I think mascaras are an incredibly personal  (I hate Maybelline mascaras, no matter who raves about them), but this is the one i haven't seen anyone be negative about. My eyelashes are thin, limp, short and blonde. And I have a major problem with panda eyes after a few hours. Great, i know. I need a good mascara to open up my (otherwise very small) eyes, and last all day. To be honest, it ticks all the boxes.

The brush is shaped well with bristles all around the tip so you can easily apply mascara to the inner corners, which i think is what makes all the difference. The formula is blackest black, doesn't smudge (even when applied to the lower lashes) and holds a curl better than anything I've tried. It's not cheap, but I just might start counting up my pennies to see if i can afford the full size. 

Could it be? My holy grail mascara at last? 

What's your HG mascara?

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Water Damage Restoration Pittman

    ReplyDelete