Navigation

H O M E      A B O U T      B E A U T Y      F A S H I O N      L I F E S T Y L E      S K I N C A R E     

Thursday, May 29, 2014

BRAVING THE EVERYDAY MATTE - TOPSHOP BRIGHTON ROCK




TOPSHOP LIPSTICK IN BRIGHTON ROCK
I love bright lips. I can’t stop swatching & buying those fluorescent in your face oranges and pinks that just make you happy to look at. There’s only one problem – I just don’t wear them. Likewise with matte lipsticks, they’re probably my favourite formulation (there’s something so glamourous about a matte lip) & they last aages compared to a glossier finish, I’m too nervous to wear them.

So, before I buy yet more bright, matte offerings (I’m currently eyeing up Bourjois’ Rouge Edition Velvet’s) I thought I’d try and be a bit braver & wear a bright matte lipstick as part of my everyday look. I know some girls can rock this kind of lipstick no problem, but for me, I feel a little scared. I feel like everyone I encounter will stare at me like I’m a little girl who has been a little over-enthuisiastic with mummy’s makeup. Anyway, even if that’s the case, I figure that I’m just wasting my money buying gorgeous, lust-worthy lipsticks if they just sit there unused.

So – the beginning of my journey? Brighton Rock by TopShop. I love the formula of TopShop lipsticks. The mattes are a little dry and can drag, so you have to make sure that they’re prepped properly, but otherwise perfect. Long-lasting, uber pigmented and a seriously beautiful colour. While I still feel a little nervous walking around Tesco wearing such a bright colour, I kinda love it. I still feel more comfortable in a nude but I think a bright lip really pulls a look together while the ‘matte-ness’ adds a bit of attitude. My new everyday lipstick? – We’ll see.

How do you feel about braving a bright lip everyday?

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get braver when it comes to rocking a bright lip as I do tend to feel self conscious and go for a nude or tinted balm instead, I'm going to have to treat myself to Brighton rock, it looks so pretty and I can definitely put up with the formulation too with the price :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit scary, you feel like everyone's looking at you, but I hope as I get a little more confident I'll realise that it's not about what people think, it's about how I feel. You should give it a go :)

      Emily xx

      Delete